Antique Louis Vuitton Daumier Steamer Trunk
Louis Vuitton Malletier, now operating under the luxury conglomerate LVMH, was founded by Louis Vuitton in 1854 on Rue Neuve des Capucines in Paris, France. Today, Louis Vuitton offers a plethora of luggage pieces in countless combinations of pattern interpretations, materials, and shapes, but it all began with the trunk or "malle.” The very first Louis Vuitton trunk was introduced in 1858. We collected this vintage Louis Vuitton daumier steamer trunk at auction. Beautiful and very nice condition.
- Signature Louis Vuitton checkerboard canvas exterior
- Original tray inside with Louis Viutton hardware
- Newly added ribbon straps to top of lid
- Official Louis Viutton label with Serial Number 49812
- We can make out the original owner's initials on either end. They seem to be J.B.S.